Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Craft: Prolouge

   Looking back, I'm struck by the absurdity of it all.  The cliche's, the sad truths, the stubborn lies that people are going to go on believing for the rest of their lives.  And my role in it all; that's what's the most absurd.  I mean really, the way that I just got swept up in it is rediculous. 

   Sometimes I forget now, that the real world is just outside, and sometimes all around us.  But it's true that secrets don't breed friends, and so outsiders rarely get in.  My mind always travels back to that first Halloween spent in Mesa with Mallory and Sullivan.  I remember that we made Logan stay in the apartment for his own safety, seeing as if he had gone out someone probably would have tried to kill him.  He was so pissed about that.  Not that I blame him, living in a hostile nation filled with gun toting fanatics is never fun. 

   Halloween is such a joke in Mesa, a Witch friendly community (though the normal residents don't know it).  When normal people dress up as the scum of the underworld, we go as ourselves, 'cause hell, if we're gonna call ourselves Witches, we might as well play the part, even if it is a lie. 

No comments: